Graphic Design Resume Samples

Below are a few sample of resumes I found online so you can get an idea of what other people are including in their resume.

Steve Leggat (www.steveleggat.com)

CURRICULUM VITAE
STEVE LEGGAT

PERSONAL PROFILE

I have been using computers for almost 24 years and I have gained an excellent
knowledge in all areas of design, computers and the internet. I am very passionate
about the industry I am involved with and am proud to be considered one of the
top web designers in New Zealand and to have achieved worldwide recognition
for my work.

I see one of my major strengths being my adaptability. I am able to jump easily
from being a designer, to a coder, to software and hardware technician, to
decision maker. This adaptability can also be seen in my design work where I am
able handle any task I’m given, be it web, multimedia, motion, branding, or print.

CAREER HISTORY
Styrofirm Ltd. – September 2000 to Present
Company Founder / Creative Director

The decision to create a new web and multimedia agency was an idea I’d had for
a number of years but it wasn’t until I’d found the right team, comprising of four
company directors, that together we began a company known as Styrofirm.

As you will know, it’s no easy task establishing a company, building the brand,
maintaining the high level of professionalism and still delivering the expected
quality of work, but it’s something that we were able to attain and indeed shine
in. Styrofirm quickly become one of New Zealand’s leading web and multimedia
solutions companies with an impressive client list and first-rate body of work.

My roles within the company were extremely broad, ranging from creative,
technical, management, client contact and proposal writer. I have proven myself
to be an all rounder, but with a passion and flair for creative and design.

Work included various projects for Maybelline NY, Pizza Hut, Johnson &
Johnsons, Vodafone and McCann Worldgroup.

WebDesign Ltd. – March 1996 to September 2000
Head Designer

The internet industry at this point was still in its infancy and I was happy to be
offered this position in what was at the time, New Zealand’s most well known
web design company. In this role I performed a huge range of tasks including
the creative, design, and production of websites, as well as setting up in-house
servers, networking and other technical work.

During my long term at WebDesign we won many awards for design excellence,
the most prestigious was the annual Netguide magazine award for Best
Webdesigner which the company won for three websites I’d created for them.

Work included websites for two Prime Ministers of New Zealand, Audi,
Mercedes-Benz and Porsche.

CAREER HISTORY - Continued

Freelance Web Designer – August 1995 to March 1996

This marks my first leap into designing websites professionally. During this brief
period I was lucky enough to work on various projects for ACNeilsen before being
headhunted by Webdesign Ltd.

Toonz Animation Ltd. – March 1994 to March 1995
Animation Checker / Computer Technician

At the time, this was a dream job for me; working in the exciting field of cartoon
animation. I was taken on to run the computer animation testing facilities as I’d
had extensive experience with the computer system they were using. My main
tasks included overseeing junior staff and checking and reporting problems such
as the dialogue not syncing with the animation. While at Toonz, I worked on the
Lion King’s Timon & Pumbaa TV series and other Disney cartoons.

FURTHER EDUCATION

I find the internet, with its vast library of information, to be one of the greatest
places to research, study and expand my skill set. However since finishing high
school, I have completed the following courses at the Auckland University of
Technology (formerly known as Auckland Technical Institute).

Certificate in Basic Graphic Design – 6 months
Certificate in Advanced Graphic Design – 6 months
Certificate in Colour Theory – 2 months
Certificate in Computer Programming – 6 months
Certificate in Computer Design and Desktop Publishing – 1 year

DESIGN QUALITIES

Thorough and meticulous
Fast and able to work under pressure
Capable of doing a massive range of styles rather than just my own
Ability to stick to the creative brief and other guidelines
Excellent knowledge of design and typography

PERSONAL QUALITIES

Friendly, inquisitive, hardworking, funny, eager and passionate
I’m in excellent health and a non-smoker

HOBBIES AND INTERESTS

All facets of design, art, photography, computers, technology, music, movies,
gaming and traveling.

SOFTWARE PROFICIENCY

I have extensive knowledge of many software applications. Listed are those which
I use on a regular basis:

Adobe Photoshop
I have been using Photoshop extensively since 1995 and consider myself to be an
expert user. I use Photoshop for creating layouts for most of my designs as well as
retouching and manipulating photos.

Macromedia Dreamweaver
I’ve used a range of HTML authoring software but Dreamweaver has been my
choice for 7 years. When necessary I can also handcode.

Macromedia Freehand and Adobe Illustrator
Although I am more comfortable with pixels rather than vectors, I have had
plenty of experience creating layouts, illustrating and designing with these
applications.

Adobe InDesign
This is my preferred application when it comes to laying out multiple page
documents, though I have some knowledge using Quark Express too.

Macromedia Flash
I have created many diverse projects in Flash including websites, galleries,
banner advertisements, CDROMs and Presentations.

PROGRAMMING

I have varying degrees of knowledge in programming the following languages:
XHTML / CSS, PHP, Flash Actionscript, Javascript, BASIC, Perl

Thanks for taking the time to look over my curriculum vitae. If you haven’t
already done so then please visit my portfolio at:
www.steveleggat.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Steve Leggat
me@steveleggat.com

No comments: